Natural and Bamboo Shades
Woven wood shades (also referred to as Bamboo Shades) are an attractive natural shade that will bring warmth and softness to your rooms. These are not the woven woods of the past years that you may be familiar with; with a variety of materials including bamboo, grasses and reeds, woven wood shades add style, texture and color to any room. Optional add-ons include cordless and motorized lift options, accessories such as beads on the hems and edge banding. These natural shades can easily be combined with other window treatments such as soft treatments to give your room a style all its own.
What Are Woven Wood Shades?
“Woven wood shades” include window shades or blinds woven from natural materials like bamboo, rattan, jute or wood. They offer light control and privacy while adding texture and an inviting warmth to any room.
Woven wood shades and natural wood blinds are not only very on-trend, but they are also easy to customize and energy-efficient. And with several styles and color choices to choose from, these woven shades and blinds can be an integral part of any room’s décor.
Natural Window Shades Offer Better Comfort and Privacy
Woven bamboo shades and other natural wood shades offer several benefits, including:
- Light and Privacy Control: Woven window shades add interest and texture to a room because they bring a piece of nature to your indoor spaces. Their ability to control the amount of light coming into your room also allows you to control the level of privacy that you need.
- Environmentally Friendly: Because wood shades are made from only natural materials, these types of shades not only look beautiful in the home, but they are safer for the environment, too.
- UV Light Protection: When UVA and UVB rays enter your home, they have the potential to damage or cause fading in artwork, upholstery, flooring and more. Most bamboo shades help to protect your home furnishings from UV light, and woven wooden shades, depending on your selection, offer various levels of UVA and UVB protection.
- Motorized Options: Want the ultimate in convenience? All woven wood shades can have motorization added, so they can be operated with a smartphone or other type of remote.
Some things to consider when choosing natural shades and blinds:
- Remember that choosing the best woven wood or bamboo blinds for your home is a matter of paying attention to details. We will help you choose colors that match or complement the décor of your furnishings.
- We offer plenty of natural window treatment materials besides wood and bamboo, so consider all your options! Some of the other natural shades on the market include woven reeds and woven grass shades.
- Got kids? If so, the CPSC recommends that you use cordless shades. Fortunately, our selection of shades and blinds made from bamboo, woven grasses and woven reeds are available in cordless styles.
Not sure which window treatment style is the best fit for your space?
Our design experts will be happy to help you select the best woven shades for your décor and lifestyle. Contact us to find out more about our woven bamboo shades and the difference they can make in your home.